Abundant Life is an incredible place to be. We minister to over 4,000 people every Sunday including 800-900 children. We have seen God move in so many ways and we are getting ready to plant a church and create satellite campuses across the Kansas City Metro. Our Mission is to see lives changed by Jesus and to be living proof of a loving God to a watching world.
The position of Children’s Pastor will be to work in partnership with the Family Pastor, a highly motivated staff and over 800 sold out, Jesus loving volunteers to lead a thriving and exciting kids ministry (Journey Kids). Lee’s Summit really is a cool place to live and downtown Kansas City is just a few miles away.
Here is our job description…
To provide leadership to the children’s ministry of Abundant Life Church. Reports to the Family Pastor
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Children’s Ministry or related field
A minimum of 5 years of relevant ministry work experience in church children’s ministry. Education teaching experience is preferred.
· Love Jesus and be a passionate Christ follower
· Be able to express a personal testimony of salvation
· Deep personal sense of calling by God
· Supportive of the overall ministries, mission, and pastoral leadership of Abundant Life
· Spiritual gifts of leadership, teaching, and shepherding
· Track record of growth and health in past ministry experience
· A strong desire to minister to children and their families
· A consistent and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· A strong knowledge of the Bible and how to apply it
· Personal integrity in all areas of life
· Regular attendance in worship service
· Commitment to personal discipleship
· Commitment to the core values of Abundant Life
· Creative and fun
· Great communicator to children and adults
· Friendly and approachable
· Outstanding communication, conflict resolution, and multitasking skills
· Maintain a neat, pleasant and professional appearance
· Good time manager
· Commitment to excellence
· Servant leader
· Able to give directions and delegate
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Team player
· Ability to multi-task
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Provide leadership and be present at all children’s ministry programs and events
· Implement vision for the children’s ministry in line with the overall mission and vision of Abundant Life
· Supervise, lead and evaluate children’s ministry staff
· Oversee the writing, adapting, preparation and delivery of the Children’s Ministry Curriculum
· Ensure that all curriculum and teachings are in line with both the Bible and the beliefs and teachings of Abundant Life
· Invest in and develop key volunteer leaders
· Provide ongoing training and motivation for all kids ministry staff and volunteers
· Teach regularly to children in all departments
· Teach and present at the Journey Kids Live Wednesday night program
· Oversee and implement volunteer recruitment and retention strategies and programs
· Oversee Vacation Bible School in partnership with the Family Pastor
· Fulfill all pastoral duties including hospital visits, funerals, weddings, child dedications, baptisms etc.
· Assist with volunteer training and appreciation events
· Set short, medium and long term goals for elementary ministry
· Be committed to learning and professional development through reading, media, visiting churches, attending conferences and being mentored by others.
· Be committed to continual personal and spiritual development and growth
· Develop new ways to support and work with parents in the spiritual growth of their children
· Communicate curriculum objectives to parents
· Provide creative direction to the décor of all children’s ministry spaces and stages
· Ensure the children’s wing is clean, tidy and in good order and work with the facilities department to ensure the kids wing is always in excellent condition
· Oversee and implement all forms of ministry communication through social media, email, mail and website in partnership with the creative arts dept.
· Maintain a strong children’s ministry focus on local and global missions in partnership with the global missions and develop to lead depts.
· Look to develop local partnerships in the community in partnership with the Outreach Pastor
· Be available to share any aspects of Abundant Life’s children’s ministry with other churches or organizations, including the sharing of curriculum, resources, time, advice and tours.
· Provide training and leadership in the creative delivery of curriculum and all aspects of children’s ministry production
· Ensure the safety of all children by following the child safety policies and procedures
· Assist with effective security of the children’s wing in partnership with the AL security team
· Provide regular ministry reports to the Family Pastor
· Regularly attend the Special Needs Respite event
· Assist with the Precious Stones special needs ministry to ensure excellent provision and ministry for children with special needs
· Demonstrate an understanding of learning styles and child culture within the context of children’s ministry.
· Foster unity among Children’s Ministry volunteers
· Foster unity among the children’s ministry other AL departments and individuals
A minimum of forty hours a week is required. The hours can be flexible but the schedule must be approved in advance with the Family Pastor
Please send a cover letter and full resume to email@example.com