Crossover Church is an urban multi-ethnic church in Tampa, that is also multi-class and multi-generational. We have been listed as one of America’s most innovative churches for our unique approach of engaging those influenced by urban/hip-hop culture. Our staff is made up of a creative forward thinking team that is into solving problems and creating solutions to do whatever it takes to reach the unchurched.
We are currently seeking a qualified individual who is passionate about serving children and providing a thriving and exciting urban children’s programming on Sundays. Must be an exceptionally strong leader who is innovative and creative. Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must and so is a happy positive attitude!
-2-3 Year commitment to provide consistency
-Dependable Presence on Sundays to greet parents and children, and serve families
-Arrive early and leave late on Sundays to check set-up & supplies for all multiple Services.
-Work to create systems and administrative processes to sustain a growing, vibrant children’s ministry.
-Experience in working with children essential; experience in leading a diverse Children’s Ministry preferred; Bachelors degree in related field(s) is not required, but preferred.
Essential Character Qualities: Must be…
1. Purpose Driven follower of Jesus
2. Committed to personal growth… hungry to learn and a teachable spirit.
3. Love for urban kids and a desire to connect with them and help them grow.
4. Hard working self-starter with a desire for progress and the ability to see problems and address them.
A strong leader, able to provided direction and leadership for a large volunteer team (75-100 volunteers).
1. Great computer skills
2. Organization and administration strengths needed
4. Good with people… able to constantly recruit new volunteers, train, inspire and encourage them.
5. Passionate about all children and see’s family as a critical component to culture and development of children.
Hours: Approx. 40 per week… but whatever it takes.
- Oversee our entire ministry to children, from six weeks through 5th grade.
- Insure the safety of our children by knowing and enforcing all safety and security policies and procedures.
- Create a memorable learning and worship experiences for our children by organizing and preparing curriculum for three Sunday services.
- Recruit and train new volunteers on a regular basis.
- Provide teachers with basic classroom management skills; Provide an understanding of the scope and sequence of the curriculum (currently utilize Orange curriculum); Periodically observe classrooms; Maintain volunteer schedule; Equip and empower volunteers to do ministry… provide feedback and accountability.
- Communicate to parents on a regular basis the main focuses via newsletters and emails; provide resources for parents such as seminars, workshops and trainings; maintain Children’s Ministry section on website.
- Utilize opportunities outside of Kid’s Church to teach, disciple and reach children in our church and community.
- Oversight and upkeep of computerized security check-in system; Keep children’s registration list current; Obtain yearly registration information on each child; Obtain new families’ children info.
- Maintain rooms and supplies… clean up and reset rooms after Sunday and special programs and maintain stock of diapers, cleaning supplies, snacks and other regular use items for each classroom.
- Continue to develop and improve all areas of the ministry.
- Oversee Special Events such as Vacation Bible School, Winter Wonderland, Easter Egg Hunt, Holiday Projects or activities.
- Learn & Develop skills and understanding of Children’s Ministry on a continual basis.