First Christian Church has a great position in Kenosha, Wisconsin, for a Next Gen Minister. We are a contemporary church that loves their children and students! There are lots of young families here—the average age is 33—and we are committed to taking the ministry to the next level. This Independent Christian Church places a strong emphasis on baptism as part of the process of coming to faith in Jesus. Authentic worship, faithful study and compassionate service are values that will under-gird and grow this ministry, together with the support of the church family.
The Next Gen Minister will love children and students. Innovative ideas, excitement and passion are a prerequisite. The successful candidate will be a creative and strong leader, who can recruit and train others to lead and teach in an engaging environment in which kids love to attend and participate. Recently, we restructured our kid’s ministry around Orange Principles and have seen great results. Our Next Gen Minister will continue to build on these principles, helping our team to Lead Small, Teach Less for More, Partner with Parents, and have an Integrated Strategy from birth through high school while still being able to bring their own vision and style to the ministry.
Kenoshans share a common thread—a passion for our community that borders on the exceptional. Kenosha has 20 miles of Lake Michigan shoreline, is 30 miles south of Milwaukee and 60 miles north of Chicago. In the middle is a dynamic and growing community with a great K-12 education system, a strong economy and job market, a flourishing residential market, and excellent higher education resources (including two 4-year universities and a 2–year technical college).
When it comes to fun and relaxation, Kenosha County’s many restaurants, festivals, parks, lakes, trails, and walkable lakefront offer excellent recreational opportunities for all ages and interests. Fishing, golfing, biking, and skiing are just some of the activities to enjoy throughout all four seasons. Kenosha is also home to the largest recreation facility in America.
- Advance God’s Kingdom in the lives of children by providing direction and oversight to the Next Gen Ministry, ages birth through 12th grade
- Work in partnership with the senior leadership in developing the Next Gen Ministry that reflects the character of the church
- Focus on continuing and further improving a safe environment that is interactive, dynamic, relational, and creative so that the Next Gen begin and/or grow in a relationship with Jesus
- Oversee the selection and implementation of curriculum, ensuring that it is biblical, creative, relational, and engaging
- Recruit, develop, train and oversee teams of volunteers for all programs/curriculum and special events
- Provide all necessary materials for leaders and teachers
- Regularly communicate with parents, partnering with and providing resources to them
- Prepare and effectively manage budget
- Develop a strategic plan to move the Next Gen into Authentic Worship, Faithful Study and Compassionate Service
- Attend staff meetings and regular meetings with Lead Minister
- Serve as part of the Executive Team, helping shape the direction of the entire body
- Reports to Lead Minister
- Biblically-grounded and passionate about God, children, students, their parents, and those who minister directly to them
- Strong leader who can raise up other leaders, but who also has a teachable spirit
- Gifted at communicating vision and direction
- Ability to recruit, develop, and equip volunteer leaders and empower them to lead
- Creative, enthusiastic, and relational
- Self-starter, team player, an entrepreneur and a steady developer
- Organized, planner, accomplishes tasks in a timely manner