Who We Are:
Located in Carlsbad, NM, one of fastest growing cities in New Mexico and according to Forbes magazine, we are primed to more than double in size over the next 10 years. We are determined to meet the needs of our growing community. We are a growing, vibrant church with the vision to “Live the Hope of Jesus in Our World”. We accomplish this by: Reaching Beyond Our Walls, Loving Without Restraint, Worshiping With Passion, Equipping for Ministry, and Serving in Sacrifice. We are a multi-generational church, with two services and worship ranging from spirited traditional, in our 8:30am service, to casual contemporary in our 10:45am service. We also run a two day a week pre-school (CCM), during the school year, and a massive local missions trip during the Summer called Mission Carlsbad.
We are seeking a student ministries pastor who will nurture and disciple our students (6th grade through high school) and call them into a vital and transforming relationship with Jesus, as well as our congregation. We have a strong group running between 85-100 on a given Wednesday, an amazing youth area, including a game room and kitchen, and dedicated volunteers.
The student ministries pastor will be answering a ministry call. They will view this position as a service to the Lord, one where they lead students and families into a knowledge of and love for, Jesus. You should exhibit a vibrant personal faith, passion for students, a life-style consistent with Biblical discipleship, and loving and gracious interpersonal relationships.
· Prepare, plan, and conduct the Wednesday night youth worship experience. Include a small group component in the Wednesday night gathering.
· Develop youth and adult leaders for the Youth Praise team. Partner with the Director of Contemporary Worship as a helpful and needed resource.
· Develop and oversee opportunities throughout the year to involve youth in missions and community service
· Develop a plan of community and school interaction so as to foster one-on-one and group relationships with youth by being a friend and positive role model. Spend time with youth outside church functions such as breakfast or lunch, sporting events, concerts, or any activity in which youth may be involved.
· Develop student leadership that is given responsibility to provide active input into plans for Wednesday night activities and other youth ministry events.
· Work with the Director of Children’s Ministry and Adult Discipleship to coordinate discipleship and Christian Education experiences during the Sunday School hour. Responsible for selection of curriculum and teachers for youth experiences.
· Effectively communicate with youth ministry volunteers and parents via the FUMC church app, regular text messages, phone calls, emails, postcards, e-mails, etc., to promote a sense of value and encourage continued involvement.
· Ensure that youth ministry information is kept up-to-date via the FUMC church app, church website and church newsletter.
· Participate in, support and help plan Confirmation process and activities with the Senior Pastor.
· Develop and disperse the budget for all ministries related to the Director of Student Ministries.
· Participate in and help assist in at least one Sunday Morning Worship experience
· Maintain regular office hours.
· Attend weekly staff meetings.
· Experience in planning and organizing events.
· Excellent people and communication skills and willingness to be flexible.
· Strong knowledge of scripture and ability to communicate Biblical truths to all ages.
· Ability to identify materials and curriculum consistent with the needs of the youth ministry.
· Possess a solid theology of youth ministry, specifically in the areas of evangelism, discipleship, and leadership.
· Willingness to study and understand, while not necessarily accepting, or condoning, youth culture.
Salary: $50,000-$55,000 (depending on experience and education) plus benefits.
Please submit cover letter, application, and teaching samples
For a full Job description, go to: http://fumcarlsbad.org/student-pastor-opening