The Middle School Ministry Director, under the oversight of the Family Pastor, provides leadership and direction over all middle school (6th grade through 8th grade) evangelism, discipleship, worship, and fellowship activities. This Middle School Director will also be expected to contribute to the overall church staff and team efforts.
Specifically, the Middle School Director will be responsible for leading a team of volunteers in shepherding the lives of middle school students at the Northside Church.
The Family Ministry Team desires someone who will: build and lead a dynamic & growing Middle School Ministry; develop middle school students to grow in their relationship with God; and strive for authentic relationships with their peers.
The goal of this position is to challenge middle school students to grow in their faith by creating worship experiences, and providing fun and engaging large group, small group, and mid-week environments for students.
The Middle School Director will recruit, manage, and assist with developing a team of ministry volunteers that serve students on the weekends/midweek, and during strategic events and programs that take place throughout the year.
- Strong believer in Jesus Christ with a passion for students.
- Experience in discipleship and spiritual development of students.
- Experience in building and managing volunteer teams.
- Exemplify personal humility and a heart to serve
- Design and implement an effective ministry strategy to reach and disciple Wilmington area middle school students.
- Develop messages, programs, service events, and/or learning opportunities for middle school groups and gatherings.
- Connect with Students and their families outside of scheduled programs.
- Develop and disciple students through intentional relationships and shared experiences.
- Develop and encourage student volunteerism among the entire campus ministry.
- Assist with encouraging and partnering with parents to have a positive influence in their middle schoolers spiritual development.
- Recruit and assist with the development of a dedicated and growing team of volunteers to lead and mentor students
- Be an active engaged member of the Northside Church team and leadership supporting all areas of Campus Ministry.