Located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, we are a community of faith committed to connecting people with a life that counts for eternity by building disciples who go and change lives.
Our roots date back to 1883 when a group of believers met under the name Swedish Baptist Church. We took on the name Central Baptist Church in the 1920’s and the legacy of our congregation includes a radio ministry which operated for more than sixty years, a number of church plants, and a now-complete campus located on Ralph Rogers Road, which includes a 1200-seat worship center, a family life center with full-sized gymnasium, and a preschool / kindergarten that serves more than 300 students each week.
We recently shortened our name to Central Church in 2015 as an adjustment to how we identify ourselves to our community. Theologically, we remain a Baptist church and the name change does not change any of our beliefs, mission, or our denominational affiliation. People who are looking to attend a Baptist church will still be able to find us. But this rebrand allows us to more easily reach people who may be confused or skeptical about the label “Baptist.”