Overview Calvary Church is seeking a spiritually mature and experienced Director of Children's Ministries. The leadership at Calvary Church desires an individual whose calling and character inspires others to look toward Christ. Though loving children is important, it is critical that this candidate be effective in all aspects of children's ministry. The primary responsibilities of the Director of Children's Ministries include: 1) Building relationships with children and their families while pointing them to Jesus. 2) Loving and equipping parents to engage in their child's spiritual growth. 3) Recruiting and training volunteers to make followers who make followers of Jesus. Education/Experience
- A minimum of a college degree is required. A Christian school or seminary degree is preferred. (Relevant experience serving as a director of children's ministries will be considered in lieu of a degree.)
- Three or more years of experience working with children in a professional setting is required.
- Oversees all elements of children's ministry (birth-elementary) including but not limited to: Sunday morning ministry, Vacation Bible School, children's discipleship, church wide special events, and children's special events.
- Collaborates with ministry staff for a comprehensive vision for how the children's ministry functions within Calvary.
- Sets measurable goals of learning for various ages of ministry using appropriate curriculum.
- Recruits, schedules, prepares, oversees, encourages, and trains, all children's ministry volunteers.
- Provides a safe environment and a plan for all aspects of safety including but not limited to food allergies, security, and emergency preparedness.
- Encourages and meets regularly with parents nurturing their ability to disciple their own children in an understanding of the gospel.
- Develops annual ministry plan and budget for children's ministry; manages current children's space and equipment and makes purchases when necessary.
- Maintains a vibrant personal spiritual life evidenced in spiritual maturity and spiritual fruit and strives to support the mission of followers making followers.
- Performs any other duties and attends any meetings as specified by direct supervisor and/or Lead Pastor.
- Supervises interns, Jump Start Preschool Director and subsequent staff.
- Must have a competency in and a growing knowledge of doctrinal understanding, especially in the presentation of the gospel message and how the different ages of children are capable to respond.
- Proven ability developing leaders and volunteers.
- Demonstrates strong leadership in implementing the church's vision and mission.
- Communicates openly and effectively with staff, parents, volunteers, lay leaders and members of the church, as appropriate.
- Exhibits biblical, ethical, and moral behavior in everyday conduct.
- Works effectively as part of a highly motivated, collaborative team of staff members and volunteers. Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Gives and welcomes relevant feedback to improve performance.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Puts success of team above own interests.
- Has a deep, abiding walk with Christ and a heart for others. Exhibits humility.
About Calvary Church Who We Are: Calvary is a place for people to find an authentic, relevant worship experience and practical Biblical teaching. It is a "come as you are" church where people are welcome to dress up or dress down. Worship at Calvary is centered on Christ. Safe, fun, and Christ centered programming is offered to kids on Sunday mornings.Teams of volunteers are available to help new families check into their classes. Calvary currently offers three Sunday morning service times with concurrent children's ministry at 8:30, 10:00, and 11:30. Volunteers and staff are expected to attend one service in addition to the ministry where they serve each Sunday. As of May 2018, we are averaging 700 in worship and 225 a week in children's ministry. Where We Are Located :Calvary Church is located in northwestern West Lafayette, Indiana, in Tippecanoe County. West Lafayette is bordered on its eastern side by I-65, and is about 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis and 120 miles southeast of Chicago. The school systems are consistently ranked among the top in the state. Purdue University, with an enrollment of around 40,000 students, is also located in West Lafayette and has one of the highest percentage enrollments of international students of public universities in the U.S. The area is economically diverse and includes farming, heavy industry (Subaru, Caterpillar, Wabash National, Arconic, Tate and Lyle, Nanshan America and others), as well as higher education (Purdue and Ivy Tech Community College).