Seated in the heart of Silicon Valley, Menlo Church has six campuses and is truly "one church in many locations." In an area that influences the rest of the world with companies such as Apple, Google, Facebook & Twitter, the opportunity for ministry has never been greater. Our San Mateo location is looking for a strong leader to step into the role of Campus Kid's Director. (The current Director is moving into the role of Central Kids Ministry Leader.) With a weekly campus attendance of 1,300 people, newly remodeled kid's rooms, a dynamic campus staff, a generous budget, a world-class volunteer team, and central supporting staff in areas such as programming, administration, supplies, & special needs, the next San Mateo Menlo Kids Director will be equipped to thrive as a pastor and leader. The Menlo Kids Director will work to lead an integrated ministry that partners with parents and the broader church family to successfully launch children into a lifetime of faith in Jesus Christ. Position Responsibilities
- Implement the Menlo Kids strategy that draws families into the church
- Recruit, train, and lead volunteer leaders
- Oversee weekly weekend ministry experience
- Build a relational and effective Kids Ministry team
- Minister to families connecting what happens on weekends to what happens at home
- Engage with parents
- Manage campus Menlo Kids staff
- Work closely with Central Ministry Leader and Central Staff of Menlo Kids
- Knowledgeable in Kids Ministries with at least 2 years of experience; 5 years is preferred
- Experience in building and leading teams
- Very strong written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with high energy, strong interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
- Team player and team builder with a focus on the vision of the whole church
- Efficient time management skills, with the ability to balance numerous requirements.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently as well as, part of a team.
- Demonstrated ministry leadership experience in a large, multifaceted church.
- Strong administrative, leadership and relational skills
- Ability to use Excel, Fellowship One, Pro-Presenter, Mail Chimp, Word and Planning Center online.
- Experience overseeing and developing both staff and lay ministry teams
... SO THAT CHRIST MAY BE FORMED IN OTHERS