Purpose Lead and facilitate the Family Ministry program of the church with focus on birth - high school ministries and work with members of the congregation and the church staff to achieve Lifespring Christian Church’s vision, mission and strategy, i.e., “Love God…Love People” “Join God in restoring a broken world.” “Loving and leading one step closer to Christ” Position Summary
- Cast the vision for and communicate the LCC Family Ministry philosophy.
- Oversee the structure and strategy in support of the vision and philosophy.
- Coordinate and lead Family Ministry staff, while having direct leadership and facilitation of the Student Ministry or Children’s Ministry (depending on Minister’s gifting).
- Recruit, train, and empower volunteers and staff to participate in Ministry.
Character The Family Minister must live in a manner supporting and participating in the Lifespring Christian Church approach to growth in all aspects of the Christian life at home, work, or recreation: becoming a church of disciples who make disciples. General Expectations
- The LCC Family Minister is expected to live an exemplary life modeling the call, character, and competencies of a follower of Jesus Christ.
- The LCC Family Minister is expected to grow personally in his/her own leadership and competencies.
- The LCC Family Minister is expected to be an excited, dedicated and contributing member of the LCC staff team.
Required Skills/ Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted
- Ability to coordinate and recruit volunteers
- Exceptional communication skills
- Passion and heartfelt concern for families
- Ability to motivate others
- Ability to create an environment which invites community within the Family Ministries teams
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to deal with problems efficiently and effectively while maintaining good working relationships
- Ability to work in team situations as well as independently
Job Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Lead, oversee, and communicate vision to Family Ministry leaders and volunteers, using Lifespring Christian Church Family Ministry/Orange Team model.
- Oversee the recruitment, training, scheduling, and development of all volunteers in the Children’s or Student Ministry programs utilizing an Ephesians 4 model of ministry.
- Maintain contact with parents, keeping them informed of topics/ themes being studied, special events, etc. through printed materials, CCB, digital communication and social media.
- Provide tools for parents to equip them in their role as primary spiritual caregivers of their children.
- Cultivate healthy parent and child relationships.
- Develop and implement a plan for ongoing parent training and encouragement.
- Foster strong working relationships with Family Ministry staff and coordinate with them on systems, leading volunteer teams, and use of curriculum that progressively teaches and models the Up-In-Out-With of the life in Christ.
- Administer curriculum, policies, and procedures for the Student Ministry or Children’s Ministry, ensuring a fun, positive, safe, and nurturing environment for students and volunteers.
- Work with church staff and volunteers to create and execute family events.
- Lead special events in Family Ministry.
- Build networks with community organizations and community impact partners to connect the congregation to the community and look for new ministry opportunities.
Evaluation and Compensation The Family Minister will report to the Lead Minister and receives an annual performance evaluation. Compensation is reviewed annually.