Middle School Ministry Specialist
We’re looking for a full-time, Middle School Ministry Specialist who will partner with parents, lead a team of servants (volunteers) and hang out with middle school aged kids.
The goals are to: work with student ministry staff, assist in building partnerships with families and equipping parents to be the spiritual faith leaders of their home; ensure that programs exceed expectations in providing a safe environment, promoting Christian values, enhancing character development and nurturing individual strengths and talents with a constant emphasis on salvation and discipleship growth.
- Director of Student Ministry
- Profess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle
- Models standards and expectations of staff members within Ginghamsburg Church including membership and worship attendance at Ginghamsburg Church, life group participation, lifestyle of tithing and generosity, and faithfully serving out of your call and giftedness.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or successful ministry experience in organizing and deploying large teams of adults and students.
- Two years plus of hands-on experience and track record of success in working with students and parents in a church setting within Student Ministry.
- Complete a felony statement/background check
- Hold current CPR certification (or schedule within the first 90 days of employment if necessary)
- Hold current first-aid certification (or schedule within the first 90 days of employment if necessary)
- Be available for a full-time position including weekends and some evenings.
- Conveying and living out vision for Student Ministry at Ginghamsburg Church within all events, programs and trainings per area of responsibility.
- Continually recruiting, training and deploying new unpaid leaders for ministry including teens and adults.
- Supervision, development and discipleship of leaders within a team-based ministry.
- Equipping leaders with proper resources and providing ongoing coaching.
- Organizing special events and developing new ministry opportunities for families to learn and grow together.
- Communicating with parents, staff and the church family about growth, curriculum, successes and opportunities in Student Ministry.
- Assisting in coordination of church wide big events, being a partner in planning, organizing and implementing such events with different ministry teams.
- Administrative duties as assigned, including maintaining servant paperwork, communication, requests and logistics.
- Assisting in workshop development/teaching at leadership conferences.
- Works with the Student Ministry staff, both paid and unpaid servant teams, to ensure that students have many opportunities to increase their knowledge of the Lord and deepen their relationship with Jesus.
- Assists the ministry in building partnerships with families and equipping parents to teach faith at home.
- Ensures that programs exceed expectations in providing a safe environment and promoting Christian values in a small group setting, enhancing character development, nurturing individual strengths and talents and provide exceptional hospitality to our students and family.
- Nurturing a strong partnership with other team members to ensure continuity and cohesiveness among all age groups as our kids grow up in the ministry.
- Organizing and deploying special events and developing new ministry opportunities for families to grow and fellowship together with an emphasis on outreach.
- Being in the constant mindset that we are not to “do” the ministry but equip servant leaders to carry the mission forward.