Cornerstone Family Church in Des Moines, Iowa exists to Help ALL people find and live their lives in Christ; bridging ethnic, cultural, denominational, and generational lines.
Our multiethnic/multicultural church family intentionally builds bridges into each other's lives by exploring and applying Biblical truths that guide us in understanding how we are restored to God, and - as a result - how we are restored to one another.
Student Pastor Description:
To provide leadership in discipling young people with the gospel at Cornerstone Family Church, including growing and developing in leadership and ministry skills in order to lead and relate well with youth, parents, and adult volunteers.
- Lead the church’s efforts to minister youth between 7th-12th grades.
- Reach out to unchurched youth in the community, engage them with the gospel, and involve them in the work of the church.
- Establish a long-term vision for how the church engages youth.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the youth ministry.
- Learn and execute Orange curriculum to the fullest extent.
- Plan and direct all youth services and activities at CFC.
- Regularly teach the Bible to the youth with conviction, compassion, and care.
- Recruit, develop, and deploy new volunteers for the church’s youth ministry.
- Lead efforts to partner with parents in the spiritual growth of their teenagers.
- Regularly report to the church’s leadership about developments in the youth ministry.
- In consultation with senior church leadership and other youth leaders, develop an annual budget for the youth ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget.
- Oversee all summer camp activities for youth.
- Regularly lead the youth in short-term missions experiences (local, domestic, international, etc.).
- Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for youth in the broader church family.
- Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
- Participate in general ministerial duties as needed (weddings, funerals, etc.).
- Work as a team member with Pastoral Staff.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience or strong ability to learn in ministering to youth and shepherding youth ministry volunteers.
- A desire to teach and mentor youth in biblical truth.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- A commitment to the mission and vision of the church.
- A calling to ministry leadership.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
- Strong ability to lead people of varying ethnicities, socio-economic levels, and generations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technologically savvy and an early adapter to new technology that enhances ministry
- Well-versed and/or willingness to stay current in understanding youth ministry practices nationwide
- Able to flourish in a team approach to ministry
- Ability to pass a background check
- Provide pastoral care to youth and parents as needed. Document significant pastoral care events. Ensure all visits and communications are timely and professional.
- Perform other pastoral care duties for CFC attendees as directed.