Provide pastoral and directional leadership to the kids (birth – 5th grade) and their families. Oversee operations and programs of Deer Creek Kids. The Director (pastor) must assure that the children’s programs glorify Christ and appropriately challenge children toward spiritual growth.
- Adhere to and embody the church mission and staff values as you lead Deer Creek Kids and are a part of the church body here at DCC.
- Continue to grow in your personal relationship with Jesus.
- Make sure the Sunday morning program is safe, formative, and fun for the children and families of Deer Creek Church.
- Be responsible for the overall leadership, evaluation, promotion, curriculum, and direction of Deer Creek Kids.
- Recruit, train, and schedule team of volunteers to make Sunday mornings safe, formative, and fun.
- Make sure safety and cleaning procedures are kept up and continually improved.
- Make sure team members are provided with the curriculum and supplies they need to make sure Sunday morning is formative and fun.
- Maintain pool of supplies for children’s small groups, check-in, parent resources, and volunteer appreciation.
- Motivate, shepherd, and care for team of volunteers.
- Attend a weekly staff meeting, Sunday morning worship, and be involved in/lead a small group each season.
- Plan, organize, and recruit for special events surrounding and including Christmas, Easter, and VBS.
- Develop short and long term strategies and goals for Deer Creek Kids.
- Develop an annual budget and determine equipment and program needs for submission to the Executive Pastor.