Position Title: Student Director
Department: Family Ministry
Reports To: Senior Director of Family Ministry
Position Status: Full Time
The Student Director serves to lead and direct all aspects of the Emerge middle school and Elevate high school environments for students in 6th – 12th grades. Responsible for the weekly programs to ensure that every student has the best large group experience and small group leaders are setup for success. In addition, responsible for student retreats and special events for students to help them own and grow in their faith.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Primary teaching pastor for the student environment with responsibility to deliver and/or oversee all large group messages delivered to students.
2. Serve as the production manager for the student large group environments by managing and directing volunteer teams (Worship, Teaching, AV and Set Design) to deliver excellent weekly programs and special events.
3. Provide counseling and spiritual guidance to students, parents and volunteers to include group gatherings and regular individual contact for the purpose of listening, teaching, mentoring and encouraging.
4. Active in the Rochester community and consistent presence at local middle and high schools.
5. Provide consistent opportunities for students to live out their faith through service, including Flower City Work Camp and mission trips.
6. Assist in the development and execution of the Browncroft Family Map by serving as the phase specialist for 6th-12th grade students focusing on key milestones and critical transitions.
7. Integrate students into all aspects of the church and shepherd their transition from “youth group” to corporate intergenerational worship prior to graduation.
8. Consistently evaluate and improve student environments to improve quality and effectiveness of the program by benchmarking against other large church ministries.
9. Own the curriculum development process and preparation for large and small group programs.
10. Guide and direct Worship Team to create an excellent weekly worship experience for students.
11. Ensure consistency and alignment of curriculum with Family Ministry vision.
12. Work in conjunction with Associate Director to ensure small group leaders are prepared and equipped to engage in meaningful discussion with students following large group.
13. Responsible for identifying and achieving the “memorable experience” desired for events.
14. Assist in the development and management of the student budget.
15. Mediate and resolve conflicts to challenges that may arise within area of responsibility.
16. Own their personal and professional development by spending time on their relationship with Jesus and staying current with trends and methods through continuous learning and connecting with other leaders.
Skills and Requirements:
1. Mature Christian with a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. BA Degree in related area of study or ministry preferred but not required.
3. Previous experience in Youth Ministry large group production preferred.
4. Excellent large group communication skills required.
5. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
6. Competent in technologies required to meet job requirements.
7. Self-motivated and flexible.
8. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
9. Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.