We are seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministry who will join a fun and energetic staff team whose desire is to encourage individuals to know God and take their next step with Him. Our student program exists to partner with parents to leverage their influence to encourage students to know God and take their next step with Him.
This full-time position will be responsible for overseeing the design and execution of Student Programming for Student Ministry (6th-12th grade and college age ministries). This job focuses on curriculum and programming content, environment, trips and events while intentionally communicating with students about the importance of a personal relationship with the Lord and ownership in living out their faith.
We are looking for someone who is strong in leadership, team building, discernment, and strategy and who will intentionally build relationships with both students and parents. Experience with the Orange Philosophy or Grow Curriculum is highly valued.
- Customize, develop and implement curriculum and programming content that effectively engages ages 6th-12th grade with sound Biblical teaching.
- Coordinate supplies, setup, and volunteers for Student Ministry environment.
- Oversight of student experiences from arrival to departure.
- Develop relationships with students through spending time with them outside of normal student programming.
- Develop programming Teams (teaching team, worship, Games, announcements, AVL)
- Collaborate with Family Ministry teams and share best practices to ensure overall ministry success.
- Foster relationships with parents and partner with them in their journey.
- Work with Servant Leader Coordinator to Develop system for Care for Servant Leaders.
- Oversight of care for Five Stones College Students
- Assist with Pastoral Care as needed
- Work to develop a strategy that is in alignment with within overall mission and vision of Five Stones Church as well as vision of Family Ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in education, ministry, performing arts, or communications
- Experience in programming coordination, implementation, and execution in a creative environment
- Experience working with Orange or Grow curriculum a plus.
- Highly relational, with the ability to connect well with both students and adults
- Strong understanding of needs, development and training trends for ages 6th-12th grade
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences and age groups
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Scripture and biblical theology.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to combine big picture thinking with tactical strategy and execution.