National Community Church (NCC) believes the Church should be the most creative place on the planet. To accomplish this core value, we aspire to hire people with a high level of vision and technical skill. The youth pastor works with the lead youth pastor to provide an inspiring and engaging youth ministry program at NCC. The youth pastor reports to Lead Youth Pastor, serves as a part of the Family Ministry department, and works closely with all staff across NCC locations and expressions.
- Help create a sustainable and comprehensive youth ministry strategy within a multi-site context.
- Develop a discipleship pathway for students with opportunities for milestone markers.
- Unfold a recognizable ethos and compelling culture that edifies young people.
- Help oversee content development, mapping and thoughtful rhythm.
- Work closely with Family Ministry team to ensure alignment across age groups and environments.
- Support a culture of high expectation and learning for both volunteers and students.
- Analyze and modify small group systems to ensure effectiveness of discipleship strategy.
- Study generational trends and refine strategy to remain effective at reaching rising generations.
- Develop a culture in which leaders are developed, stretched, and encouraged.
- Equip adult leaders to disciple and build influence with students, which goes beyond Sundays.
- Create a culture of expectation which understands and elevates young people.
- Create a space for leaders to spiritually thrive, be empowered, and find community.
- Help expand the discipleship map with clear milestone markers for students.
- Create a comprehensive follow-up plan for new families.
- Enhance the 6th grade and 12th grade transition process.
Weekly Gatherings and Events
- Help develop a teaching plan with clear objectives and timelines.
- Prepare and execute Biblically-based
- Develop summer intern program and increased protégé interest.
- Work to build partnerships with local youth ministries.
- Learn from pastors/churches who hold a legacy in the DC area.
- Unfold a plan to resource other youth ministries with usable NCC Youth content.
Partnering with Parents
- Work with youth team to build a comprehensive plan for supporting parents through their child’s adolescence.
- Maintain communication with parents through informational group meetings, electronic communication and face-to-face contact.
- Provide parents with tools and support to grow as a parent and to disciple and invest at home.
- Recruit parent teams for ministry work.
- Provide opportunities to incite parent enthusiasm and involvement.
Counseling & Pastoral Care
- Meet with youth leaders and families to provide pastoral care and guidance.
- Helping families navigate difficult matters and specific adolescent struggles.
- Partner with our NCC Care Team to ensure families have ongoing professional support when needed.
- Develop system improvements as youth ministry locations grow.
- Work with our central Family Ministry team on development and execution of creative and communication components.
- Develop social media presence and strategy.
- Help develop digital graphic designs for games and teachings.
Qualifications for Position:
- A passion to invest in the next generation.
- A learning and growing posture.
- Studies and understands adolescent development and culture.
- Compelling and dynamic personality.
- Confidence to command a room of adult leaders.
- A relational nature and an excitement to develop leaders.
- Experience with developing a biblically based message and communicating to large groups.
- Spiritually discerning and pastoral calling.
- Ability to build and empower volunteer teams across locations.
- A commitment to partnering with parents.
- A willingness to adapt to non-traditional ministry hours/schedule.
- At least two-years pastoral experience.
NCC Staff Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Desire and passion to serve Christ in the local church.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, visual, written, and relational.
- Attention to detail and accuracy even on time sensitive projects.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Flexibility to plan and work on multiple projects simultaneously; effectively manage time and prioritize workload.
- Ability to turn around projects on short timelines.
- Be a great team player who thrives on providing timely, high–quality support; maintaining strong relationships with volunteers.
- Agree with the NCC Leadership Covenant and core convictions.
- To reflect Christ in your words and actions in your personal life and ministry. You will be looked up to as you model the Christian faith, and the way you live your life should reflect the Gospel (Living lives of holiness, purity and free from addictions).
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com. Please include your name and the position for which you are applying in the subject line.