The Student Ministry Director will be responsible for the development and oversight of the Student Ministry at The Grove. This position will provide leadership, vision, direction, and management to this ministry in a dynamic church planting and Kingdom building environment.
• Passionate about sharing The Grove vision with people in the church and people and in the community.
• Visibly modeling a gospel-centered lifestyle by living for Christ as a disciple that makes disciples.
• Driven to work well with a team and grow through experience and open rapport with staff and key leaders.
• Committed to equipping every church member for their God-given ministry.
• Able to think, plan, and act strategically and relationally.
• A relentless recruiter constantly looking for capable people to join the team.
• An advocate for connecting with parents and equipping them to develop their teens spiritually.
• Gifted at communicating, teaching, and relating to students and adults.
• Implement and oversee the vision and strategy for the Student Ministry at The Grove.
• Foster and encourage students to get connected and become integrated within The Grove.
• Teach God’s Word from a thoroughly Gospel-centered, Christo-centric framework that is compelling to Students, with the ultimate aim of life transformation.
• Provide oversight to the teaching strategy and implementation for students.
• Provide leadership, including planning and oversight of weekly gatherings of junior high and high school students.
• Provide leadership in the development, planning, and execution of monthly and quarterly events for students.
• Consistently meet and connect with at least 4-5 students weekly beyond regularly scheduled times –variety of who you meet with.
• Consistently meet with and connect with at least 1-2 student ministry volunteers on a weekly basis for ongoing development and training.
• Minister to parents by actively connecting with, listening to, communicating with, and responding well to them via multiple channels of communication on a regular basis
• Build a growing team of leaders and volunteers through enlistment, training, development and empowerment
• Develop, manage, and function within the student ministry budget.