Cityview Bible Church is a spiritually vibrant, growing congregation committed to reaching people with the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ. Planted in 2007, Cityview now has an average weekly attendance of over 850 adults and 300 children and students. We believe that God has entrusted our congregation with a sacred stewardship of the next generation. After 10 years as a portable congregation, we moved into our first building in November 2017. We are committed to a gospel-centered philosophy of ministry that roots all spiritual growth and development in the grace of God offered in Jesus Christ. We are a church-planting church. We planted churches in 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, and 2018; we are currently in the process of finding another church planter to launch another church in the next two years. We are a member of the Association of Hill Country Churches, a network of more than 25 churches in the Greater Austin region committed to reaching every man, woman, and child in our area with the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ.
We are looking for a Student Ministries Pastor with strong character, excellent relational skills, a clear, specific calling to student ministry, the gift of teaching, and clear vision for how the Cityview student ministry can reach, disciple, and send out middle school, high school, and college students as missionaries in their relational contexts. We already have a large number of middle school and high school students (100+) and adult volunteers (40+). We need a pastor with the vision and gifting to take those ministries to the next level, who also has the catalytic gifting to start a dynamic college ministry to the three college campuses within a mile of our new building. The position is a full-time pastoral staff position. The Student Ministries Pastor will report directly to the Associate Pastor.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who understands how student ministry fits into the bigger picture of the church’s work with all age groups, and fits into the vision of reaching every person in our city with the gospel. We are looking for someone with
- Strong biblical and theological acumen
- Experience in student ministry
- A proven track record of building volunteer teams to minister to students.
This position is a full-time pastoral staff position with a compensation package commensurate with experience. Cityview will provide an excellent benefits package including health, dental, and vision benefits for the whole family, along with vacation time, continuing eductaion allowance, book allowance, and cell phone allowance.
- A specific call to student ministry
- 3+ years experience leading student ministry; 2 or more of those years should be in a student ministry of 150 or more students.
- Large church experience serving a congregation of 750 or more
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Bible/Theology (or equivalent)
- Dynamic, Inspirational Leadership Skills
- Fast-paced, High-capacity, Hard-working Style
- Strong Commitment to Scripture
- Passion for Spreading the Gospel
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ marked by the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5
- Compatibility with requirements for pastor/elders in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Commitment to personal evangelism and living missionally.
- Genuine love for students and a calling to minister to them.
- Walks in humility, and models the character of Christ in his servant leadership.
- Gifted teacher and communicator of God’s Word to students.
- Experience in recruiting & equipping ministry leaders (leader of leaders).
- Ability to lead others through casting a compelling vision (visionary leader).
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement and principles and practices of CBC (http://cityviewbible.org/beliefs).
- Alignment with the CBC purpose and vision statements (http://cityviewbible.org/our-vision).
- Willingness to submit to the leadership of the elders of CBC.
- Conversant enough in biblical theology and apologetics to be able to present a distinct Christian worldview and not just independent Bible stories
- Continue to be a learner in ministry. (be teachable)
- Cultivate a passionate prayer life and love for scripture. (be disciplined)
- Continuously develop a consistency in personal evangelism. (be missional)
- Develop a strategy to build multiple, healthy student ministry adult volunteer teams (hereafter called Student Leadership Teams).
- Implement a strategy to recruit dynamic Student Leadership Teams.
- Implement a strategy to equip and motivate the Student Leadership Teams.
- Cast a compelling vision to Student Leadership Teams.
- Able to turn large vision into concrete steps of action for youth volunteers.
- Monitors the life modeling and lifestyle choices of youth leaders.
- Personally develop adult leaders who will develop students.
- Can demonstrate a healthy balance between giving general directives to allow for creativity and providing clear metrics for expectations and goal setting.
- Develop a summer intern program to develop future ministry leaders.
- Develop a strategy to reach and disciple junior high students in RR.
- Develop a strategy to reach and disciple senior high students in RR.
- Develop a strategy to reach and disciple college students in RR.
- Implement a strategy to achieve gospel saturation among students in RR.
- Implement a strategy to disciple and develop students in their faith.
- Implement a strategy to equip and empower students to reach their peers.
- Able to be relational with students and their culture, interacting via their social channels and being aware of trends and issues.
- Develop a strategy to engage parents in the spiritual formation of the students.
- Implement a strategy to inform parents of student ministry events & initiatives.
- Implement a strategy to partner with parents in evangelism & discipleship.
- Develop a team of parents to support the ministry.
- To build the systems, structures, and leadership teams necessary to reach, disciple, and send out students who are fully committed to Jesus Christ.
- Student Ministry at Cityview will become a draw to teens and college students in our community, and will develop a reputation as a reason students and families should invite others to visit our church.
- Provide links to video of you teaching and/or leading in student ministry gatherings and activities
- Provide links to video of you teaching, preaching, recruiting, and/or vision casting to adults
- Provide 2 personal and 3 professional references
- Salary Commensurate with Experience
- Full Family Medical Insurance
- Full Family Dental & Vision Insurance
- Optional Retirement Investment Matching
- Monthly Book Allowance
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Annual Continuing Education Allowance