Job Title: Children’s Minister
Reports To: Executive Pastor of Administration
Job Status: Full-Time; Salaried
Purpose: Thomasville Road Baptist Church exists to help people find and follow Jesus. This person will oversee all staff of the preschool and elementary-aged children at Thomasville Road. We are a blended, inter-generational church that averages approximately 160 children, 800 in on-campus Small Groups and 1,000 in our two identical worship services. Thomasville Road Baptist Church is looking for someone who is well versed and/or strategically aligns with the Orange strategy.
Where We Are & Where We Are Going: The Children’s Ministry is currently structured in a traditional Southern Baptist model of one Sunday morning hour of Sunday School and one Sunday morning hour of Children’s Church. On Wednesday nights, we have RA’s, GA’s, and Mission Friends. We are seeking a Children’s Minister who can lead us to an Orange model of overall Children’s Ministry philosophy, particularly on Sunday mornings, as well as someone who will reassess our Wednesday night approach.
Family discipleship is a major priority on the heart of our Senior Pastor, so developing events like Family Experiences and equipping parents and guardians to lead their children spiritually are vital.
Facilities and Support: The newest building on our campus is our children’s building, and it is a wonderful setting for kids to learn about Jesus. The Children’s Minister will have support from the executive staff and key lay leaders to have the freedom to reassess the layout of children and preschool areas to maximize their usage for the new vision.
- Be versed in the Orange strategy and able to utilize the 252 & First Look Curriculum, Parent Cue App, Go Weekly, and Lead Small material
- Train, equip, schedule, and retain effective storytellers, children’s worship team, media team, First Impression volunteers, parent connect, small group leaders and special needs volunteers for dynamic programming on Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, and special events
- Create engaging & immersive kid-centric environments
- Develop, implement, and ensure that Children’s Ministry staff adheres to the Child Protection Policies including background checks on all workers as well as regular child safety training
- Develop programs designed for evangelism of community children
- Maintain & purchase resources & supplies necessary for the Children’s Ministry
- Oversee promotion of Children’s Ministry
- Manage the Children’s Ministry budget
- Attend church staff meetings & team building activities during and outside of regularly scheduled work hours and be willing and excited to help with “all hands on deck” church-wide activities and support other staff members
- Other duties as assigned
- Leadership, administration and relational gifts
- Experience leading volunteers & developing self-led volunteer teams
- Vision for reaching not only children, but their family units both churched and unchurched
- Demonstrated love & understanding of children, parents, and volunteers
- Flexible & open to change in a variety of situations
- Collaborative & humble - willing to compromise, cooperate, and work well within the context of a team
- Must be a multiplier, able to develop people, systems and structures to facilitate growth
- Experience with Orange
- Bachelor’s Degree and three years’ experience serving on staff at a Southern Baptist church staff or other child-related position
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ who shares their faith and adheres to the Baptist Faith & Message 2000
- Must pass a background check
- If not already CPR certified, will be willing to go through proper training
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- To be able to listen and communicate clearly, in both oral and written form
- Loves and understands special needs children and various learning styles
- Requires basic abilities in computer software such as Word, PowerPoint or Keynote, Excel, and Outlook
- Requires commitment to biblically-based Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally
- Effective stage presence
How To Apply
Please send the following information to Rachel Graham at email@example.com by 5:00 pm, Monday, June 15, 2020:
- Your resume
- Three references
- Any links to videos which showcase your current or previous children’s ministry endeavors.