The Children’s Ministry Pastor’s role is to love and lead children (birth to 5th grade) in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and to partner with parents, equipping them to be the biggest spiritual influence in the life of their child. The CMP oversees pre-school and elementary ministries, staff, and budget, and develops future ministry leaders and volunteers. As a ministry we also value and include children with special needs in our environments and ministry. Ensuring an approach to ministry that fosters inclusion of our special needs families and kids is essential.
- A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion for reaching and equipping children and their parents for Christ.
- Abilities and strengths in:
· Leadership development, strategy & outreach
- Relationship building, shepherding & team building
- Communicating & teaching
- Program planning & scheduling
Leadership Development, Strategy, & Outreach
- In collaboration with the Children’s Ministry Team, recruit, train, and invest in volunteer leaders.
- Invest in the Children’s Ministry staff to provide them with opportunities to grow deeper in faith.
- Develop & oversee a cohesive strategy and implementation plan for the spiritual growth of children from birth – 5th grade and children with special
- Lead the Children’s Ministry team to realize ministry goals and
- Develop an outreach strategy and lead implementation to reach new families.
- Lead the Children’s Ministry team to develop and adhere to a
- In collaboration with the Family Ministry team, create and implement a cohesive and strategic annual ministry plan.
Relationship Building & Shepherding
- Cultivate authentic relationships with children and parents.
- In conjunction with the Children’s Ministry team, follow up with new or disconnected children to help them connect and
- Develop strong relationships with and personally pastor and shepherd
- Invest relationally in volunteer
- Work closely with other staff members (youth ministry staff in particular) to develop authentic relationships and support the other ministries of the church.
Communicating & Teaching
- Regularly cast vision for a “Think Orange” ministry to the congregation, volunteers, and parents.
- Develop resources and communications to equip parents through teachings, intergenerational experiences, missional family service opportunities, connection events, texts, social media, and email.
- Clearly communicate with volunteer leaders with direction, support, and tools for
- Create and share compelling and relevant messages as a periodic teacher for Sunday worship experiences (optional).
- Lead regularly scheduled volunteer trainings.
- Reach out and meet with new families.
- Meet regularly with families of children with special needs.
- Conduct monthly 1:1 meetings with Children’s Ministry team and key Special Needs volunteer leaders.
- Attend monthly 1:1 meetings with the Lead Pastor, monthly Family Ministry Orange team meetings, weekly Children’s Ministry staff meetings, and weekly staff
- Growing vibrant relationship with Jesus
- Experience leading a high-capacity team
- Great at building and leading teams, and developing leaders
- Outreach focused - Intuitively connects and builds relationships with unbelievers, and seeks out opportunities to talk about spiritual matters
- Naturally casts vision for Children’s ministry
- Likable and relationally connects with children and parents
- Passionate about a partnership between parents and the church
- Effective communicator of core truth to children and parents
- Effective teacher of God’s Word with relevant application to today’s culture during Sunday worship experiences (optional)
- Creative and looking for new ideas
- An expert on “Think Orange’” model of children’s ministry
- Strategic thinker
- Team player
- Completed ministerial degree with 5+ years of ministerial experience
Pastoral Mentor: Lead Pastor
Reports to: Worship Pastor (a member of the Executive Team)
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week (typically Sunday through Thursday)
To apply, e-mail our search team at email@example.com with your:
- Letter of interest
- Personal testimony
- Links to sample teachings/sermons.
A detailed job description is available at www.keystonechurch.us/jobs
For additional information about Keystone Church visit:
Keystone is a growing Wesleyan church of 1,650 with 650 weekly attendees. Our mission is to “love and lead people in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ” by creating a church that people love to attend, especially those new to Church.
We are located in Saline, Michigan, recently named “Best Place to Raise Kids in Michigan” by Bloomberg Business Week. Having been recognized for its desirability, Saline is the only small city to be named three consecutive times as one of the best cities to live by CNN Money Magazine. Located next to Ann Arbor, home of the University of Michigan, people enjoy the eclectic urban vibe, vibrant downtown setting, and ethnic diversity. The college town boasts action-packed sporting events, numerous park and recreational venues, and something for art aficionados of any age. While the university remains a significant contributor to the city’s economic success, the metropolitan area is also home to many high-tech, healthcare, and higher education businesses and institutions. Saline keeps a small-town feel with big-city amenities close by.