Middle School Specialist
- Ginghamsburg Church is one movement in two unique locations.
- We embrace all people and are focused on raising up the next generation of Jesus followers and community leaders.
- Worship is our regular way of gathering and celebrating God’s work in our lives.
- Connecting with others through Life Groups is our best strategy for growing deeper, and giving our resources is how we discover our God-given purpose.
- We are a community of people who love Jesus and who do something about it.
- Our 10-year goal is to ensure that no child within our reach goes to bed without faith, family or food.
- More about who we are: https://ginghamsburg.org/what-we-believe/
Interested candidates may submit their résumé and cover letter to:
c/o Ginghamsburg Church
6759 South County Road 25A
Tipp City, Ohio 45371
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle
- Considers this position a ministry, not just a job
- Practices healthy relational boundaries and fiscal integrity
- Models standards and expectations of staff members within Ginghamsburg Church including membership and worship attendance at Ginghamsburg Church, life group participation, lifestyle of tithing and generosity, and faithfully serving out of your call and giftedness
- Be a champion for the vision of Ginghamsburg Church and its Family Ministry, live it out, and incorporate it into all events, programs and trainings in area of responsibility.
- Develop, communicate and carry out a specific vision for the Student Ministry, within the framework of the Orange philosophy, that will introduce students to, and strengthen their relationship with, Jesus
- Develop strong relationships with students, volunteers and parents
- Recruit, develop and equip leaders – adults and students – to do the work of the ministry, and provide ongoing coaching
- Equip parents to be the primary disciplers of their kids at home
- Develop and utilize a Parent Advisory Team to help gain feedback and discern the direction of the ministry
- Communicate well and regularly with parents, volunteers, students and church staff
- Organize, publicize and execute large outreach events
- Ensure that students are seen when they are there and missed when they are not – develop system to make this happen
- Execute weekly discipleship programs
- Develop opportunities for students to serve
- Plan and implement trips: missions, camps, retreats, etc.
- Study and consider trends in student ministry
- Work closely with all other Family Ministry areas, and assist with their events as needed
- Develop strong bridges between Kids Ministry and High School Ministry
- Ensure that Safe Sanctuaries guidelines are met
- Develop and execute a plan for Confirmation
- Administrative duties as required, including maintaining servant paperwork, communication requests and logistics.
Education & Experience:
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a ministry, education or early childhood development related field.
- Two years plus of hands-on experience and track record of success in working with students and parents in a church setting within Student Ministry.
- Experience in recruiting/leading volunteers.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in and contribute to an overall staff team “strengths based” environment
- Excellent team-based leadership abilities and ability to influence others
- Understanding of student lifestyle issues and cultural trends
- Ability to set long-range goals for the ministry and implement steps to carry them out
- Great relational skills with adults of all ages and situations
- Pastoral heart for ministry with core value of confidentiality
- Embody the values of the Ginghamsburg Church staff team:
- We are better together.
- We selflessly serve others.
- We lead always and “do” only when necessary.
- We unleash creativity in pursuit of God’s next.
- Complete a felony statement/background /credit check
- Hold current CPR certification (or willing to gain within first 90 day of employment)
- Hold current first-aid certification (or willing to gain within first 90 day of employment)
- Be available for a full-time position including weekends and some evenings