The Director of Children’s Ministry provides vision, strategy and leadership for the children of Calvary (birth-5th grade) and their families, consistent with Calvary's Vision and Values. This role will include designing and implementing creative ministry environments, biblical teaching, equipping and empowering leaders, and supporting families. The Children’s Ministry Director will be high-energy, enthusiastic and passionate about developing leaders.
- Live out Calvary’s mission, vision and values, applying them in your personal and professional life.
- Be a great teammate; encouraging, praying for and building up co-workers, volunteers, congregants and guests.
- Be intentional about one’s spiritual growth and development..
- Create a warm and inviting environment for kids
- Identify, train, and coach leaders who love kids
- Develop engaging, multisensory Bible-learning experiences and curriculum
- Execute and evaluate family outreach events
- Build and maintain a strong online presence for kids and families
- Organize and execute an exceptional VBS experience
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- A growing Christ-centered faith
- Strong relational skills between kids and adults
- Ability to work creatively with a team
- Minimum 4-year degree (family ministry emphasis preferred)
- Children’s ministry experience that is evident by growth of both leaders and children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills