Full time Student Ministry Director
Next Gen Director
Student Ministry Interns and Volunteers
As the Student Ministry Director of The Local Church you are expected to:
- Be responsible for ministry to all students (grades 6-12)
- Develop and promote Connect Group experiences.
- Develop and promote a weekly large group worship experience.
- Develop and maintain a clear discipleship program for students within The Local Church.
- Create an environment that is fun, inviting, and engaging for all students - including those with special needs.
- Develop student leadership teams and opportunities to serve.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate mission trips, retreats, activities, outings, and other events.
- Develop and implement the student ministry teaching calendar.
- Teach the majority of the weekly services.
- Build up a teaching team consisting of adult volunteers and students.
- Partner with parents in the spiritual development of their students.
- Equip, recruit, train, and lead adult volunteers to assist in connecting students to Jesus and one another.
- Ensure that all volunteers comply with the Child Protection Policy, including: screening, background checks, safety training, etc.
- Connect and serve with First Priority Clubs (Student-led Gospel Clubs in local schools)
- Implement the mission, vision, values, and goals of The Local Church within student ministry.
- Prepare a Ministry Action Plan that outlines the year’s activities and goals of the student ministry.
- Prepare an annual budget for Student Ministry.
- Maintain active and open communication with the staff.
- Report weekly to supervisor and/or designee for staff meetings.
- Attend leadership development conferences, workshops and/or training seminars.
- Must complete The Local Church’s 4-week Connect Track.
- Commit to listening to a podcast each week, reading 12 books a year, and going through the Bible in a year.
Requisite Qualifications and Skills:
- A clear calling and commitment to Student Ministry and the diverse community of South Florida.
- A knowledge and embracing of social media platforms to reach the next generation.