OPPORTUNITY: Children’s Ministry Director (or Pastor)
REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor - Discipleship
SUPERVISES: Location Family Ministry Directors
TIME: Full time
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for the development, promotion, and coordination of all ministries at Epic Church focusing on kids (ages 0 through 6th grade) and their families. This includes weekly services, family events, and partnership with parents.
- Develop, implement and coordinate various programs for children, students, and their families that align with the goals of the church while modeling biblical priorities.
- Evaluate and select teaching content that is age appropriate, relatable, and engaging within a city context.
- Provide a warm and friendly learning in both our in-person and online environment for children and families.
- Partner with parents to help their kids develop their faith in Jesus and love for God.
- Lead, empower and equip the Children’s Ministry teams to effectively lead their respective ministries and meet with them regularly to clarify vision, goals, and strategy of the church.
- Establish departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, delegating tasks, and evaluating progress regularly.
- Manage the Children’s Ministries department budget.
- Epic adopts a Children's Ministry approach that emphasizes the importance of interaction between children and leaders within small groups. The Children's Ministry Pastor will champion and oversee the execution of the small group strategy.
- Recruit, train, and motivate Children’s Ministry Directors, Team Leaders, and Team Members for leadership in Children’s Ministries programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 3+ years of children’s ministry or directly related experience required.
- Experience serving families or children with special needs preferred.
- Experience managing staff and/or volunteer teams, handling and resolving difficult situations in a skilled and professional manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to cast vision for and lead staff and volunteers to carry out Epic's mission, vision, and values staff and volunteers with Epic’s mission, vision and values.
- Able to partner with Epic's Creative Team to utilize social media to engage with, encourage, and equip parents.
- Flexibility in work hours based on special events.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with children and adults.
- Administrative skills for leading a team, managing email, appointments, and multi-tasking.
- Ability to steward people, time, and money well.
- Ability to plan for the future, measure, and evaluate for results.
- Fully devoted follower of Jesus and agreement with the standards of conduct outlined in Epic Staff Agreement.
- Full engagement in the life of the church, including participation in a life group each semester.
- Background check and child abuse clearances.
- Passionate about reaching every person in the city.
- Can embrace change and can adapt quickly with a “we can do anything” attitude.
- Will make things better through evaluating and improving processes.
- Is able to figure it out, follow-through, and get it done.
- Will lead the way in generosity and faithful in giving.
- Likes to laugh, have fun, and enjoy celebrating.
- Is a learner and has a track record of leading oneself well.